Tuesday, July 16, 2013

4th of July!

I forgot to post this on July 5th!!

Yesterday I was able to celebrate 4th of July... with an Indian twist!

After coming home from a red, white and blue; cereal; and pizza filled school day, I decided to make pasta and tomato sauce for my host family. Even though I had to substitute a lot of the spices, my host family seemed to really like it! It probably helped that my host sister added the Indian equivalent of tobasco sauce... 

My host dad decided to make the light blubs in the living room set to red and white and my host mom put out Coke and beautiful plates to make me feel more at home. Although I wanted to explain more about what the 4th of July meant to my US family and friends, I explained to my family that the US, like India, declared independence from the British.



No comments:

Post a Comment